Forming an essential part of Edinburgh's Old Town silhouette, the O'Neill Flat provides magnificent views over Edinburgh and Fife at the rear and shuttered windows at the front provide a glimpse of the Royal Mile.
Stretching out over two floors and elegantly furnished in modern Scottish style, the apartment has an authentic atmosphere blending contemporary luxury with period details and proudly boasts furnishings from the renowned Scottish company, Anta. This flat is very special, original Renaissance painting from the 1600's are still visible on the exposed stone features of the flat.
- Fifth and sixth floor
- Sleeps 4 - 1 double and 1 twin bedroom
- Sitting room
- Gas central heating
- Shower room
- EPC Rating: D55
- As access is via a steep turnpike staircase, regretfully this property is not suitable for those with mobility issues.
About the area:
Situated on the Lawnmarket of the Royal Mile, we are right in the heart of Edinburgh's atmospheric Old Town. Discover the oldest part of the city, once home to many important literary and philosophical figures, including Robert Burns and Thomas Geddes. You are spoilt for choice with visitor attractions and galleries that represent Edinburgh's rich cultural heritage with the Whisky Experience, Mary King's Close, the National Galleries, St Giles Cathedral and the National Museum of Scotland all a short walk away, as well as numerous independent shops, cafes and restaurants. The main train station at Waverley is close by and there are bus stops close to the property.
Things to do
- Take a stroll along the Royal Mile and adjacent streets to find shops selling traditional and lcoal produce.
- Taste Scottish and international cuisine, with a vast array of local restaurants and cosy cafes.
- Take a walk in the beautifully laid out and award winning, Princes Street Gardens.
- Enjoy the festivities of any number of festivals that Edinburgh has to offer including the world-remowned 'Fringe' comedy festival each August.
- Visit the elegant New Town and see how the High Society of the 18th century lived by visiting the National Trust for Scotland's Georgian House.
Gladstone’s Land is located in the Lawnmarket at the top of the Royal Mile. Waverley Railway station is a ten-minute walk or a short taxi ride away. Edinburgh International airport offers a bus link to Waverley Station and a tram service also operates from the airport to the city centre. < Hide