Although Wi-Fi is not available at the property you are visiting, there is mobile network coverage provided by Vodafone & O2 which will give you internet access if you have a dongle or appropriate device. Charges for internet access and data usage are available from the network operator. Please note that we do not supply PCs or laptops and that the signal can vary in strength in more remote areas.
- 1 storey
- Sleeps 4 - 1 double, 2 singles
- Sitting room with open fire
- Dining room with open fire
- Bathroom with bath and shower
- Night storage and panel heaters
- Water heated by immersion
- Parking available
In extreme weather conditions access to Torridon may be difficult.
Torridon refers to both the local village and the estate it lies in, a 6,500 hectare wilderness on the shores of Loch Torridon. Five of the Trust's 46 munros are located within the estate including Beinn Alligin, 985m (3,230ft), which means 'jewelled hill' in Gaelic.
The Trust's Countryside Centre has information on the history, geology and wildlife of the region.
About the area
Wild isolation is what draws most people to Torridon, but for essential supplies Torridon village and Kinlochewe are the places to head. Settlements have a long history in the area as it was used for processing pig iron in the 17th century. These days you'll find general stores, a postal service and the triple rosette-winning Torridon Hotel Restaurant.
Things to do
- Inverewe Garden is just over an hour's drive away. Here you can wander through an exotic paradise of rare and colourful flora perched on a breezy hillside above Loch Ewe.
- Corrieshalloch Gorge is also around an hour away. This cleave in the mountains, through which the River Droma charges, was created 2.6 million years ago by Ice Age meltwater and offers spine-tingling views from its swaying suspension bridge.
- Children will love the local deer park, or beachcombing for crabs on the shores of Loch Torridon.
Torridon is on the A896, which leads off from the A832. From Inverness take the A835 towards Ullapool before turning off. < Less