Please be advised that due to the refurbishment of Inverewe House, which is in the estate grounds, guests may experience some noise disruption from passing machinery during their stay. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.Â
2015 Accommodation details
- 1 storey
- Sleeps 7 - Master bedroom with king-size bed; 1 double; 1 twin and 1 single bedroom
- Sitting room with wood burning stove and dining table
- Kitchen with dining area
- Shower room
- Oil-fired central heating
- Private garden
- Parking available
With effect from 31 October 2015, the property will sleep 6. There will be 3 bedrooms - 1 double and 2 twins. There will also be a study with sofa bed.
About Inverewe Gardens
Osgood Mackenzie's plan to create a 54-acre garden from windswept moorland on a rocky peninsula beside Loch Ewe raised a few eyebrows in its day. His vision is still astonishing today, with some of the worlds largest growing trees planted into holes hewn out of the bedrock, nurtured by the warm currents of the North Atlantic Drift. In 2009, Inverewe's gardeners were delighted to introduce the world's most northerly planting of eight Wollemi Pines. A three mile network of paths weaves around the garden, and the surrounding landscape is rich with wildlife and spectacular views.
About the area
With glassy lochs, paths carving through moorland and vast beaches this corner of Wester Ross is a place to reconnect with nature. Poolewe is the nearest village, within walking distance from the lodge, with a hotel restaurant, a weekly market, and a post office. Gairloch lies 6 miles away; the butchers shop is a good place to stock up on local game, eggs and sausages.
Things to do
- Take advantage of the gardens at dusk when they come alive with scents (don't forget your midge repellent!) or get up early for an alfresco breakfast on the lawn and photograph the opening buds.
- Try the generous seafood platters at the Fish Box Bar in Gairloch then walk off your indulgence on the stony beach that looks across to the Isle of Skye.
- There are a number of walks round the estate and further afield where you may bump into pine martins, buzzards or even stags.
The Inverewe Estate is off the A832 by Poolewe, 6 miles from Gairloch. Achnasheen is the nearest railway station, 35 miles away. D&E Coaches offer a connection during high season (01463 222 444). Westerbus run a connection from Inverness to Poolewe Mon - Sat all year (01445 712 255).