Perfectly in tune with nature: 3 acres of manicured lawns and scented borders
Escape from everyday life in this peaceful and beautiful garden.
Visit in springtime and you’ll be treated to outstanding displays of flowering bulbs.
Admire the views of Melrose Abbey and the Eildon Hills.
Love to stay longer? Harmony House is one of the Trust’s Connoisseurs’ Collection of self-catering holiday properties.
The house at Harmony was built in 1807 by Robert Waugh, a local joiner who became a plantation owner and made his fortune in Jamaica.
The Pitman family later bought Harmony and the garden’s Golden Border was a 50th wedding anniversary present for Mrs Christian Pitman from her husband.
Harmony’s 3 acres of manicured lawns, scented borders and fruit and vegetable beds lie in front of the beautifully proportioned Georgian manor house, providing a haven of colour and fragrance. The walled garden is also an excellent viewing point, with an outlook that features the majestic ruins of Melrose Abbey and the nearby Eildon Hills.
Harmony hosts the Borders Book Festival in June every year, attracting some of the brightest stars in contemporary literature.