Day 1 (Edinburgh)
- AM Arrive in Edinburgh.
- PM Visit Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile in the heart of the Old Town, and take in the
wonderful history and architecture of this world-famous location.
Day 2 (Stirling)
- AM Travel west to Stirling Castle, birthplace of generations of Stuart monarchs.
- PM Visit to Bannockburn Heritage Centre, site of one of the most famous battles in Scottish
history, a victory for the renowned Robert the Bruce.
Day 3 (Ayrshire)
- AM Morning visit to Culzean Castle, a truly unique property, in one of Scotland’s most beautiful
- PM Brand new for 2010! Opening 1 December, the new Robert Burns Birthplace Museum will house the most important Burns collection in the world (in a fantastic new exhibition) along with a 120 seat restaurant and shops selling exclusive Burns-branded gifts. The focal point in a beautifully landscaped park, visitors can also see the cottage where Burns was born, take a stroll across the Brig o' Doon (of Tam o' Shanter fame), climb the Burns Monument and explore the Auld Kirk of Alloway (where Burns' father is buried)
Day 4 (Dumfries & Galloway)
- You can spend the day at Threave House & Garden, with its beautiful shows of colour all year
- Return to Edinburgh for an evening reception or period dinner at The Georgian House, Charlotte
Square, part of Robert Adam’s masterpiece of urban design.
Day 5 (Fife)
- AM Guided tour of Falkland Palace, country retreat of the royal Stuarts, including Mary, Queen of
- PM Guided tour of the fascinating 16th century Culross Palace, situated on the north shores of the
Firth of Forth.
Day 6 (Aberdeenshire)
- AM Travel to Aberdeen.
- PM Lunch and tour of Castle Fraser, followed by a visit to Fyvie Castle, a fine example of Scottish
Baronial architecture, with impressive collections of paintings and armoury.
- Book a private tour and dinner at Haddo House, a stunning example of Georgian architecture with
sumptuous Victorian interiors.
Day 7 (Aberdeenshire)
- AM Morning visit to Balmoral Castle (open April - July), Scottish country residence of the royal
- PM Lunch and visit to Crathes Castle, a picturesque château-style 16th-century tower house with beautiful interiors.
- Guided tour of nearby Drum Castle, complete with medieval tower and battlements.