- 10.00 Guided Tour of Falkland
Palace followed by cream tea. Situated in the picturesque
town of Falkland, this fascinating 16th-century Palace was the
country residence of famous Stuart monarchs, including Mary,
Queen of Scots.
- 13.30 Visit to Kellie
Castle, one of the Trust’s most romantic houses, with
a fine organic garden,overlooking the Firth of Forth.
- 15.00 Return to Edinburgh.
- 17.30 Guided tour and drinks reception at
The Georgian House,
situated in Charlotte Square in the city’s elegant New
- AM At leisure to explore Scotland’s
- 13.00 Visit to Gladstone’s
Land, a fine example of a 17th-century tenement building
situated in the Old Town.
- 15.00 Guided tour of Newhailes,
which has recently won the prestigious Europa Nostra Award,
in recognition of the outstanding conservation work carried
out on the house.
- 10.30 Morning coffee and visit to The
Hill House, Helensburgh, Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s
finest domestic creation, with commanding views over the River
- 13.00 Afternoon at Loch
Lomond Shores, situated in Scotland’s first National
Park, where you can cruise on the loch, shop or enjoy some excellent
- 18.00 Guided tour followed by dinner at
Pollok House, Glasgow,
one of the grandest Edwardian mansion houses in Scotland.
- 21.30 Return to Edinburgh.
- 10.30 Visit to Culzean Castle & Country Park , one of the Trust's best known properties. There's something for everyone - gardeners, lovers of art and antiques, architecture and wildlife.
- 13.30 Drop into Souter's Johnnie's Cottage, immortalised in Robert Burn's Tam o'Shanter.
- 14.30 Brand new for 2010! Opening 1 December, the new Robert Burns Birthplace Museum will house the most important Burns collection in the world (in a fantastic new exhibition) along with a 120 seat restaurant and shops selling exclusive Burns-branded gifts. The focal point in a beautifully landscaped park, visitors can also see the cottage where Burns was born, take a stroll across the Brig o' Doon (of Tam o' Shanter fame), climb the Burns Monument and explore the Auld Kirk of Alloway (where Burns' father is buried)