The National Trust for Scotland commercial services terms and conditions
1. Holidays Terms and Conditions
1. Holiday Cancellation Insurance is not included in the rental and should you have to cancel your booking a refund will only be made if the Trust is able to re-let the accommodation for the period concerned. If successful the Trust will refund the deposit and balance, if already paid, less a £30.00 booking fee. If we are notified of cancellation after the balance due by date you will be liable for this. The Trust must be notified of cancellation in writing prior to the commencement date of the holiday. We strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
2. Most arrivals are from 3 pm onwards but the arrival time for the property you have booked will be confirmed in the details you receive from the Trust prior to your holiday. We ask that you vacate the property no later than 10 am on day of departure.
3. The contract confers on you a right to occupy the accommodation for a holiday only and, in terms of section 12 (schedule 4, paragraph 8) of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 is not an ‘assured tenancy’.
4. The applicant must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday and be over 21 years of age. He/she is solely responsible for the whole party. Assignees and sub-tenants are prohibited. No more than the stated number may stay at the property.
5. A 20% deposit is required within 7 days to secure the booking. The balance is due two months before the start of the holiday, without further reminder from the Trust. The Trust reserves the right to declare the contract void, the deposit forfeit and to re-let the accommodation should the balance not have been received within the time limit and, further, to claim the balance of rent if the accommodation is not re-let.
6. Where dogs are permitted they must be kept under proper control and not allowed on the furniture, and especially the beds, nor left unattended in the property. Dog owners will be held responsible for any damage caused to the property, contents or garden by their dog and for any extra cleaning required. When out walking within the property grounds/estate, you must ensure that dogs are kept on a lead. Dogs may be restricted to certain areas with the grounds of some of our properties. There is a charge of £15.00 per dog per week/break. No more than 2 dogs are allowed per property.
7. Please ensure that you take all reasonable care in the use of the property and its contents including the security of the property and you will report any damages as soon as they occur. The Trust reserves the right to charge for all repairs, losses or replacements necessitated by the negligent act or omission of any of your party, guests or invitees. If necessary this may include an administration charge.
8. You are requested to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. The Trust reserves the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
9. The brochure is as accurate as possible but cannot be warranted, nor do the descriptions form any contract. The Trust reserves the right to alter or improve any of the subjects without notice.
10. Televisions, where provided, are colour but please note that in some rural areas channel choice can be restricted and reception may be poor. Where this may be the case, you will find a DVD player/video recorder has been provided.
11. Should the Trust have to cancel your holiday for any reason, every effort will be made to find you suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible a refund will be made of all monies paid by you to the Trust for the accommodation booked. No further financial claims against the Trust will be considered.
12. As far as the law allows, the Trust takes no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to you or any of your party as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
13. You will indemnify the Trust or their agents against loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of you or any member of your party.
14. Please note that the advertised prices are for accommodation only, and that any additional activities - such as wedding receptions etc - must be agreed in advance with the Property Manager and that this will incur an additional charge.
15. Candles are not permitted in any of our properties due to fire safety regulations.
16. Fireworks are not permitted at the majority of our properties but we would advise visitors to check with the relevant property manager/caretaker in advance of their stay who will be able to confirm.
17. The proprietors or their agents whomsoever reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time.
18. There will be a fee of £30.00 for any transferred booking, and bookings may not be transferred within two months of the visitor's holiday, or from one calendar year to another. A transferred booking is from one property to another or from one date to another. The transfer must also be of equal or greater value.
19. If the accommodation becomes inaccessible due to bad weather every effort will be made to find you alternative NTS holiday accommodation. We are unable to offer any refund and strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance.
20. The Trust must be advised of final numbers at our Base Camps prior to the balance due date. We regret we are unable to make a refund if your party size is reduced.
21. A "good housekeeping" deposit of £500.00 will be requested on bookings at those properties within the Connoisseurs Collection: Bynack, Claybokie & Creag Bhalg at Mar Lodge; Harmony, Melrose; The Laird's Apartment, Brodie Castle; Belmont House, Unst and the Preston Tower Apartment, Fyvie Castle. No payment will be processed unless any damage occurs to the property during your stay.
22. Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday. If, however, you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as quickly as possible. Please contact the Property Manager or his or her staff as soon as possible so that they can take action or investigate and resolve the problem. You should not feel reluctant to complain if you are dissatisfied with some aspect of your accommodation. Indeed it is always the best policy to draw attention to the problem on the spot. If you are unable to make contact, you should contact the Holidays Department on 0844 4932100 or you may wish to put your complaint in writing and send it to Head of Holidays, The National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road, Edinburgh, EH11 4DF.
2. Events E-Ticket terms and conditions of use
THE POSSESSION OF THE TICKET SHALL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE BY THE HOLDER OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF THE TICKET IS USED IN BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IT WILL BE VOID AND THE HOLDER MAY BE REFUSED ENTRY TO OR EJECTED FROM THE VENUE.
1. Please bring your reference number and the credit/debit card you used to make the purchase to the event. We ask that the cardholder presents the card that the tickets were booked on as identification. Any other forms of i.d. or letters of authorization are taken at your own risk and may result in entry being refused to the event.
2. If you lose your reference number please supply your full name and address details to firstname.lastname@example.org or the contact details below and this will be re-issued.
3. Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed (significant changes being a change of performance or artist (concerts only), venue or date of the show).
4. In the event of the cancellation of an event by an organiser/promoter including a cancellation due to circumstances beyond the National Trust for Scotland’s (NTS) control, NTS will only refund the face value of the ticket. No further claims will be considered. NTS will use its reasonable endeavours to contact purchasers either by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) and advise them to return the tickets. Please note, however, it is the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and NTS cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
5. If an event is moved from its advertised venue and / or the date is changed, tickets already purchased may remain valid should the customer wish to attend the revised event. If not, NTS will refund the face value of the tickets. No further claims will be considered. NTS will use its reasonable endeavours to notify all purchasers by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) to advise on the validity of the tickets and the procedure for obtaining a refund. Refund requests willusually be accepted up until 1 week prior to the revised event, or 3 days after notification of the change (whichever is the later) unless otherwise notified. In the event of a change at short notice (within 1 week of the event) NTS will use its reasonable endeavours to notify purchasers of the conditions that apply, and offer a refund if these are not agreeable. Please note, however, it is the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and NTS cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
6. If NTS is unable to fulfil an order for any of the reasons below the customer will be entitled to a full refund (but, for the avoidance of doubt, no further compensation) :
NTS do not despatch your e-ticket and do not arrange for entry to the event on production of valid ID.
NTS despatch the incorrect e-ticket e.g. for the wrong event / wrong type of tickets.
Any other similar circumstances where NTS has acted with negligence or where we may have acted in breach of contract
7. A duplicate e-ticket and reference will only be issued if sufficient details are supplied to email@example.com or the contact details below these being Name, full address and method of payment.
8. Customers are advised to check their e-ticket upon receipt.
9. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform NTS of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the e-ticket. Please note that our preferred method of contact for customers booking online is by email, so care should be taken to provide a current, valid email address.
10. The NTS or venue management or the event promoter reserve the right to refuse admission to any person and to remove persons from the venue for any reason where necessary including, without prejudice to the foregoing generality, health and safety, environmental and security concerns and the NTS or venue management or the event promoter may from time to time and at their sole discretion carry out security searches and you agree to these searches being carried out. NTS would advise customers that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a property or venue for reasons including late arrival, declining to be searched if appropriate, abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including smoking in no smoking areas), causing a nuisance, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
11. In the interests of public safety the NTS or the venue management or event promoter reserves the right to request you to leave the venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the event.
12. By ordering you agree that the e-tickets are for the personal use of you and your party only, and will not be resold or transferred. Any ticket re-sold or transferred will become void and the holder will be refused admission or ejected from the venue. Any resale or attempt to resell the tickets at a price higher than purchased will result in your orders being cancelled without prior notification. No tickets may be used for commercial and/or promotional purposes (such as competitions, promotions or hospitality packages) without the prior written consent of NTS.
13. If a customer orders more tickets than the maximum allowed, as indicated during the booking process, we reserve the right to cancel the order. The maximum applies per person/card/household.
14. In order to prevent fraud and to protect both parties, you may be asked to provide additional information after your booking so that we can verify your purchase. We reserve the right to cancel any order that further to investigation we deem to be possibly of a fraudulent nature.
15. This ticket is issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue management, the venue, and any relevant licensing authority.
16. Admission to the venue is at the ticket-holder’s own risk. Neither the NTS nor the venue, venue management, nor event promoter shall be liable for any loss, damage, or injury sustained within the premises except for death or injury which is caused by the negligence of NTS, the venue, the venue management, the event promoter or their employees or agents.
17. Neither the NTS nor the venue, venue management, nor event promoter accept responsibility for property lost, stolen, or damaged at the venue.
18. Unauthorised photography or use of recording equipment is prohibited. No audio, visual or cinematographic equipment or device shall be brought into the venue. All recording and any transmission is prohibited. As a condition of entry you hereby assign (by way of present assignation of future copyright) the copyright in any photographs or recordings that you make at the event in breach of this prohibition to the NTS.
19. Knives, flags, fireworks, smoke canisters, weapons, banners, poles, umbrellas, and similar articles or dangerous or hazardous articles are not permitted within the venue, and any person in possession of any such articles may be refused entry or ejected.
20. Any person who refuses to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting for the venue management and/or NTS may be ejected from the venue.
21. No animals (other than assistance dogs) or babes in arms will be admitted to the venue.
22. This ticket shall remain the property of NTS at all times.
23. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising, or exploitation of any film, video, and/or audio recording of the event, and/or any element thereof in any and all media throughout the World.
24. Punctuality is essential