2 Events at House of the Binns
Scottish Snowdrop FestivalDates:Sun 19 Feb Location:House of the Binns
House of the Binns Snowdrop and Winter WalkDetails
The Lothian Ranger service will be running a Snowdrop ID and winter walk around the grounds at House of the Binns. Come along and learn about snowdrops, how to ID them and some of the amazing facts about the flora and fauna of House of the Binns. Please wear outdoor clothing and outdoor shoes.
Dates & Times:
- 19 Feb 2017 : 11:00 - 13:00
- Adult : £ 5.00
- Child : £ 4.00
- Buy tickets
Contact:For further information please call 0131 653 5595
Cadbury Egg HuntsDates:Mon 17 Apr Location:House of the Binns
The Easter bunny has hidden clues at lots of National Trust for Scotland places!Details
Collect your hunt map, follow the clues, solve the puzzle and claim your chocolatey reward! Each hunt is completely different – the perfect excuse to hop along to more than one!
Dates & Times:
- 17 Apr 2017 : 12:00 - 16:00
- Child : £ 2.00
Contact:For further information please call 01506 834255
Set in beautifully landscaped parkland overlooking the River Forth, this 17th-century laird’s house near Linlithgow has been the home of the Dalyell family for 400 years.
The present house was built in 1612 by Thomas Dalyell, an Edinburgh merchant who had made his fortune at the court of King James VI and I in London.
In 1944, the Dalyell family gifted the house, its contents and the parkland, along with an endowment, to the National Trust for Scotland under its Country House Scheme, keeping the right of the family to live in the house.
The house was gifted to the NTS in 1944, along with the parkland, contents and an endowment, under the Country House Scheme by Eleanor Dalyell and her son Tam Dalyell, who retained the right of the family to live in the house and contribute towards the upkeep and maintenance in partnership with the National Trust for Scotland.
House of the Binns Guidebook
The House of the Binns stands as a living monument to one of Scotlands oldest families, the Dalyells, who have lived here since 1612. The family home of the Dalyell family for nearly 400 years. The house was gifted …