- 2 storey
- Sleeps 4 - 1 double, 1 twin on first floor
- Sitting room with multi-fuel stove
- Large dining kitchen
- Bathroom with bath and shower on ground floor
- Oil-fired central heating
- Immersion water heating
- Parking available
- Public transport accessible
- EPC Rating: F23
The cottage is accessed by a narrow track, down which it can be difficult to turn vehicles. Alternative parking is available at the start of the track, about 50 metres from the cottage.
Craggan Cottage is only available for full weeks (Saturday to Saturday) throughout the year.
For larger families/groups additional accommodation is available at Ferry Cottage, sleeping 4.
About Balmacara Estate
Croft land, saltmarsh, lochs and coastline are just some of the varied landscapes you'll discover at Balmacara. The traditional Highland estate covers 2550 hectares and includes the early 19th century village of Plockton, as well as an original 18th century mill house and ice house.
About the area
Balmacara Square was the original heart of the estate and lies about a mile away, a cluster of 18th century farm steadings and other buildings. Here you'll find a cafe and visitor centre. For stocking up on supplies head to Kyle of Lochalsh, three miles away, a whitewashed harbour village that looks across to the Isle of Skye.
Easy access to the Isle of Skye is now possible by road bridge.
Things to do
- Lochalsh House Policies offer quiet sheltered walks by the lochside among mature Scots pine, oaks and beeches.
- Spend a day on Skye discovering its culinary delights, including seafood, game and local ale. Stock up on Talisker whisky to enjoy later by the open fire.
- The Falls of Glomach are just over 12 miles away. For the energetic, this 5 mile hike to one of the highest waterfalls in Britain will reward you with unforgettable views.
Mainly accessed by A87(T) Inverness to Kyle road but can also be accessed from North by way of the A890 from from Achnasheen and Lochcarron. < Hide