With room for 11, it's the perfect retreat for large family gatherings - so long as you can decide who ends up in the magnificent four-poster bedded Master bedroom.
- 2 storey - first and second floor
- Sleeps up to 11 - 3 doubles, 2 twins,1 with built-in box bed
- Large sitting room with views to the harbour
- Dining room
- Modern kitchen
- First floor shower room
- 2 second floor bathrooms
- Access by lift or stairs
Our guests said...
"Enjoyed every minute, lovely views, especially when the sea is wild. Good memories of a lovely stay"
About Gunsgreen House
Gunsgreen House was designed by John Adam, one of the most expensive architects of his day, as a lavish smuggling palace for the notorious Nisbet brothers.
The brothers' 'special requirements' included cellars that lead directly to the sea, and a 'tea chute' running through the house where the leaves from smuggled tea were kept dry.
Gunsgreen's ground and lower ground floors are now home to a museum. The property is under the ownership of the Gunsgreen House Trust.
About the area
Eyemouth lies in the mouth of Eye Water, a natural harbour with pristine sandy beaches, 8 miles north of the Scotland/England border. Since the 13th century, Eyemouth has served as a fishing port for the area and today has around 80 boats still regularly fishing from it.
The High Street has a good range of shops, including a delicatessen, several fishmongers and an art gallery. Food on offer ranges from stylish seafood to traditional kipper rolls.
Things to do
- Birdwatchers will love St Abb's Head National Nature Reserve nearby, famous for its guillemots, kittewakes and razorbills as well as its crystal clear water.
- The Berwickshire coastline with its small villages, high cliffs and deep clear water is perfect for a day's exploring by foot and car.
- In the summer season (March to October), take a ride across the water in a high-powered RIB and maybe spot some seals along the way.
Eyemouth is 49 miles south of Edinburgh, and 9 miles north of Berwick upon Tweed in England. Driving into Eyemouth, continue past the High School on the left and take a right turn onto 'The Avenue'. Continue straight along this road until you see Gunsgreen House.
We only accept telephone bookings for this property. Please telephone 0131 458 0305 to check current availability and make a booking.
Gunsgreen House is also available for events such as weddings, meetings or private parties. For further information please contact Derek Janes on 01890 752062 or via e-mail, email@example.com.