The cottage is named after the burn that runs nearby. A separate spate river, rich in salmon and sea trout can be let by arrangement.
- Sleeps 5, 1 twin with en suite WC & shower, 1 triple with en suite WC & bath, (additional downstairs double can be let for a fee of £75 extra per week)
- Sitting room with open fire and TV (seats 5)
- Kitchen/breakfastroom (seats 5)
- Shower room/WC/drying room
- Linen, electricity and initial supply of firewood included
- Towels and cot linen not included
- Sorry no pets
About the area
Blackwaterfoot is the closest village, set in the Shiskine valley, near to the cave where Robert the Bruce is said to have had his famous encounter with the spider. Long pebble beaches line the coast and look across to the Kintyre peninsula. Stone circles and prehistoric ruins scatter the surrounding hillside.
About the Isle of Arran
Arran has been described as 'Scotland in Miniature', one of the southernmost of Scotland's islands, with landscape that soars upwards from coastline into ragged peaks and soft hills. Continually inhabited since the Neolithic age, Celts, Vikings and Christians have all left their mark on Arran; today its rich human and natural history draws in both archaeologists and geologists.
Things to do
- Pay a visit to quintessential Victorian Highland estate, Brodick Castle. Inside, antique silverware and sporting trophies line the grand rooms. The landscaped grounds are dotted with ponds and waterfalls and look across the Firth of Clyde.
- Going for a ride in a powerboat, or hiring a sea-kayak will bring you closer to some of the coastline's marine life and you may spot seals, basking sharks and dolphins.
- A trip to Lochranza in the north of the island will reward you with views of its ruined castle and a dram of the local Arran whisky, distilled nearby.
to see a plan of the ground floor and more images of the property.
to see a plan of the attic floor and more images of the property.
PLEASE NOTE THE PROPERTY IS LET ON A WEEKLY BASIS SUNDAY TO SUNDAY. Please contact 07836 346902 or email email@example.com should you require any additional information. < Hide