Although Wi-Fi is not available at the property you are visiting, there is mobile network coverage provided by Virgin & Vodafone which will give you internet access if you have a dongle or appropriate device. Charges for internet access and data usage are available from the network operator. Please note that we do not supply PCs or laptops and that the signal can vary in strength in more remote areas.
- 1 storey
- Sleeps 4 - 1 double, 1 twin
- Sitting/dining room with open fire
- Bathroom with bath and shower over bath
- Electric central heating
- Night storage and panel heaters
- Immersion water heating
- Parking available beside the cottage
About Pitmedden Garden
Five miles of immaculate boxwood hedging create the intricate patterns that weave through Pitmedden Garden. Their original design was laid out by the 1st Baronet of Pitmedden in 1675, but the with plans lost in a fire in 1818, Edinburgh's Holyroodhouse formed the template for its reconstruction.
Over 80 varieties of apple trees give off fragrant blossom in the spring and rich pickings in the autumn, while the steady drip of Pitmedden's fountains is a refreshing sound when wandering through the gardens in the summer months.
About the area
Pitmedden village is one mile away from the gardens and has the nearest local supermarket.
A few miles further away is the ancient village of Tarves, thought to have been founded as a church settlement in 600AD. As well as the post office and traditional butcher just off the main square, don't miss the curious antique petrol pump outside the heritage centre.
Things to do
- The local Tolquhon Gallery is located in an old Victorian farmhouse nearby and hosts regular exhibitions. In the summertime, get inspired by the sights and scents of the gardens, and sign up for one of their weekend workshops.
- Step into a fairytale landscape at Fyvie Castle, just over 20 miles away. Not only do the sculpted turrets and fine tapestries look the part, but the castle is steeped in legends, and rumour has it, harbours the odd ghost or two.
- Haddo House, near the ancient village of Tarves is a sprawling Georgian country mansion, set in an estate that would make a Jane Austen heroine swoon.
Pitmedden Garden is on the A920, 1 mile west of Pitmedden village and 14 miles north of Aberdeen. < Hide