The Gladstone Flat is nestled in the tops of Edinburgh's infamous Old Town and offers stunning views across Edinburgh towards Fife. Located at the top of the building facing North this cosy apartment provides modern comforts and an enviable location.
- Fifth floor
- Sleeps 2 - 1 twin bedroom
- Sitting room
- Gas central heating
- Shower room with WC
- As access is via a steep turnpike staircase, regretfully this property is not suitable for those with mobility issues.
About the area:
Situated on the Lawnmarket of the Royal Mile, we are right in the heart of Edinburgh's atmospheric Old Town. Discover the oldest part of the city, once home to many important literary and philosophical figures, including Robert Burns and Thomas Geddes. You are spoilt for choice with visitor attractions and galleries that represent Edinburgh's rich cultural heritage with the Whisky Experience, Mary King's Close, the National Galleries, St Giles Cathedral and the National Museum of Scotland all a short walk away, as well as numerous independent shops, cafes and restaurants. The main train station at Waverley is close by and there are bus stops close to the property.
Things to do
- Take a stroll along the Royal Mile and adjacent streets to find shops selling traditional and lcoal produce.
- Taste Scottish and international cuisine, with a vast array of local restaurants and cosy cafes.
- Take a walk in the beautifully laid out and award winning, Princes Street Gardens.
- Enjoy the festivities of any number of festivals that Edinburgh has to offer including the world-remowned 'Fringe' comedy festival each August.
- Visit the elegant New Town and see how the High Society of the 18th century lived by visiting the National Trust for Scotland's Georgian House.
Gladstone’s Land is located in the Lawnmarket at the top of the Royal Mile. Waverley Railway station is a ten-minute walk or a short taxi ride away. Edinburgh International airport offers a bus link to Waverley Station and a tram service also operates from the airport to the city centre. < Less