- 3 storey
- Sleeps 12 - 4 twins, 1 double with ensuite, 2 singles
- Bathroom with WC
- Showerroom with WC
- Separate WC
- Drawing room with open fire
- Dining room
- Laundry and drying room in separate outbuilding
- Private garden with patio furniture
- Parking for up to 4 cars
About Harmony Garden
Harmony Garden is a tranquil walled garden comprising lawns, herbaceous and mixed borders, vegetable and fruit, and a rich display of spring bulbs. The garden's texture, fragrance and colour change throughout the year making it a place to return to again and again.
About the area
Melrose's history dates back to the Bronze Age. There is still a scattering of brochs in the countryside around the town, possibly a legacy of the Romans for managing the rich sheep grazing on the moors.
The town has a good selection of shops including those selling knitwear, tweeds, books and antiques. There is also a variety of restaurants serving classic Scottish fare in cosy surroundings.
In June, Harmony Garden plays host to the annual Borders Book Festival, whose past attendees include Ian Rankin and Sir David Frost.
Things to do
- A trip to Melrose isn't complete without a wander round the Abbey. Although portions of the 12th century structure survive, the magnificent rose-stone building dates from the 1385 rebuilding. Look out for the chapter house, where Robert the Bruce's heart is said to be buried, or the statue of Scottish medieval wizard, Michael Scott.
- Visit nearby rustic Priorwood Garden to learn about the craft of dried flower work; pick your own blooms to order and take home.
- Walk part of the St Cuthbert's Way, following in the footsteps of the eponymous saint. The whole route takes four days and leads across the mudflats to Lindisfarne. The Melrose to St Boswell's section is 7.5 miles each way. (stcuthbertsway.info)
Melrose lies off the A6091. Harmony Garden is opposite the Abbey. First Bus operates a route from Edinburgh and Peebles.
Additional accommodation can be booked at Harmony Cottage, which sleeps 4, and Pear Cottage, which sleeps 2. Both cottages are less than a 5-minute walk from Harmony.
Short breaks are available at Harmony all year round. Discounted prices available for smaller groups within 1 month of departure. Please contact the Holidays Department on 0844 493 2108 for further details.
Please note that guests will be asked to provide credit/debit card details as a good housekeeping deposit; to cover any damages/ breakages which may occur. The deposit is £500 and will only be processed in the event of any damage to the property and its contents.
Harmony can also be used for events such as wedding receptions. Additional activities must be agreed in advance with the Property Manager and this will incur an additional charge.