- 2 storey
- Sleeps 4-6 - 2 doubles plus double sofa bed in study off master bedroom
- Sitting room with open fire
- Dining Kitchen
- Shower room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom has en suite bathroom with sauna
- Private garden with patio and barbeque
- Electric Dimplex heating
...Our guests said...
"..we felt at home the moment we stepped in the door..."
"..full of charm and character. The tour of the castle and coffee was very much appreciated and a highlight of our stay".
About Towie Barclay Castle
Towie Barclay Castle, some 4 miles south of the market town of Turriff in Aberdeenshire, was built in the 16th century by the Barclay family. The castle lay in ruins until 1971 when an award-winning programme of restoration was carried out by the present owners. It is now privately owned.
About the area
In the heart of rural Aberdeenshire, close to Royal Deeside, whisky distilleries, museums, over 50 golf courses, historical sites and the cliffs of the Moray coast, Towie Barclay is an ideal base from which to discover the many lesser-known jewels in Scotland's crown.
Things to do
- A visit to the area would not be complete without taking in breathtaking Fyvie Castle, a few miles away. A little further afield, (approx 1.5 hours drive) Craigievar Castle is another fabulous example of turretted Scottish Baronial architecture.
- Crovie village, perched on a ledge between cliff and sea and too narrow to even allow cars, is approximately 20 miles away. Take a walk along the pebble beach and keep an eye out for bottlenosed dolphins.
The cottage is situated just off the A947, 4 miles from Turriff. Aberdeen is 27 miles away.
Public transport accessible. Short breaks are not available at this property, it is restricted to full weeks only (Saturday to Saturday). Please note that the entry time to this property is from 5pm onwards on day of arrival. < Less