Local Assemblies are a chance to:
- Hear how we are progressing with delivery of our new five-year strategy
- Learn more about conservation of properties in your area
- Ask questions and offer opinions to senior people from the Trust
- Take part in group discussions on subjects linked to local or national heritage
The first Local Assemblies took place in 2012:
- 14 April 2012 – Culloden Visitor Centre, near Inverness
- 12 Sept 2012 – Haddo House, near Tarves, Aberdeenshire
- 22 Sept 2012 – General Assembly Hall, the Mound, Edinburgh
- 29 Oct 2012 – Threave Estate, near Castle Douglas
Guest speakers at previous events have included Ronnie Cramond, Professor Tom Devine OBE, Colin Crosbie of RHS Wisley and David Knott of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
The next scheduled Local Assembly is in 2013 as follows:
The Glasgow and West Local Assembly will be hosted by our Chairman, Sir Kenneth Calman, on Saturday, 2nd November at the Sir Charles Wilson Lecture Theatre, University of Glasgow.
The detail of the programme is to be confirmed but we would welcome people registering their interest in attending by e-mailing email@example.com or telephoning 0844 493 2100.
It is anticipated that the event will commence on the Saturday morning and end with lunch being served. The event is free to attend but there will be a charge for lunch.
More details, dates and locations will be announced soon.
If you would like to know more about these events, or would like to register your interest in attending one of them please email Localassemblies@nts.org.uk, or alternatively, call 0844 493 2100.
When e-mailing please provide your name, contact details and Trust Membership Number if you have one.