The AGM, alongside our programme of local assemblies, is your opportunity to learn at first-hand how the Trust has been progressing delivery of its five-year strategy, to ask questions and enter into discussion with Trustees and senior managers. This will also be the first AGM convened by our new President, Jamie, Earl of Lindsay.
Sir Kenneth Calman, Chairman
10.15am: Morning Coffee.
1.30pm, approx: Lunch.
- Welcome and Introduction.
- Minutes. To approve the minutes of the AGM held at the Assembly Hall, Edinburgh on Saturday 22 September 2012.
- Annual Review and Accounts 2012/13. To consider adoption of the 82nd Annual Review and Accounts.
- Election of Auditors.
- Election of three Trustees.
- Election of President. The following will be proposed for re-election: Jamie, Earl of Lindsay (President).
- Ordinary Membership Subscription. The Chairman of the Board of Trustees will propose the following resolution, approved by the Board of Trustees: That with effect from 1 March 2014 the minimum amount of the annual subscription required for qualification as an Ordinary Member of the National Trust for Scotland, currently fifty pounds, shall be the sum of fifty two pounds.
- George Waterston Memorial Award.
- Colin Donald Environmental Law Award.
- Presentation: the Trust’s wild places.
- AGM 2014: Announcement of the date and location.
Various supporting papers may be tabled at the meeting. The Annual Review, Annual Accounts and draft minute of the last AGM, and the five-year strategy, will be provided on request in writing to the Trust Secretary or can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. Copies will also be available on the day of the AGM meeting.
You do not need to register to attend the AGM but it helps us if you do so as soon as possible here. If you wish to purchase lunch on the day, you must complete registration and let us know by 13 September 2013. Please remember to bring your membership card and papers to the AGM – admission may be refused if you cannot produce your card.
Access to the Albert Halls
The Albert Halls are a short distance from the centre of Stirling. Access is via Dumbarton Road and facilities include level access, adapted toilets and a lift. There is also an induction loop in the main auditorium.
Two Trustees retire by rotation in September 2013 – Diana Murray and Deputy Chairman, Julian Birchall – and a third - Sir Peter Erskine – is standing for re-election. Thirteen candidates have come forward for the three Trustee positions available this year.
Please check back after the AGM for results.
How to vote
If you are going to attend the 2013 AGM at the Albert Halls, Stirling on Saturday, 28 September 2013 and have registered your attendance – you will be able to cast your vote at the meeting.
If you do not wish or are unable to attend the 2013 AGM, you can register your vote or your Proxy at www.ntsvoting.co.uk
Thirteen candidates have come forward for the three Trustee positions available this year and you can see their details at www.ntsvoting.co.uk or in the special supplement contained in the summer 2013 edition of Scotland in Trust.